- Selected to represent the UK at the ‘Speaking up for Europe’ forum in Poland (2018).
- Co-wrote manual for best practices on intercultural dialogue, an Anna Lindh Foundation co-operative project between the UK and eight other countries from the European and Mediterranean region. (2017)
- Founded ‘Girls Group Holiday’ in 2016, aimed at empowering girls and young women from minority backgrounds to travel within a safe and comfortable group, and create friendships with other girls and women from around the UK.
- Spoke at the United Nations headquarters in New York, on human rights implications post Brexit (2016).
- Created the ‘What are Human Rights?’ video campaign, with a little help from international friends. This is now used by other human rights educators as a teaching resource. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXXBYLjlhaQ) (2015).
- Spoke one to one with Hollywood actor Tom Cruise about the importance of Human Rights education. (2015).
- Published in the Young Human Rights Lawyers Journal 2015 – ‘How has torture been sanctioned in the ‘War on Terror’?’- looked at the way international legal instruments have been bypassed and manipulated and torture sanctioned within the law. (http://www.hrla.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Young-Human-Rights-Lawyer-2015-1-YHRL.pdf page 45)
- Spoke at the United Nations headquarters in New York, on her ‘Born Free and Equal’ campaign and the work she has been doing to promote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. (2015)
- Spoke at the House of Lords, UK, on the importance of human rights education in schools. (2014)
- Selected to represent the UK as a delegate during the World Democracy Forum 2014 in Strasburg. (2014)
- Selected to assist at the United Nations in Geneva, on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. (2013)
- One of ten UK representatives chosen by the British Council to take part in a UK-North Africa exchange programme, with the aim of creating international networks and partnerships. (2013)
MA Human Rights, Globalisation and Justice, Keele University, 2015.
Legal Practice Course, Staffordshire University, 2010.
LLB Law with Criminology, Keele University, 2009.
Senior Employment Paralegal, Leigh Day Solicitors – working on a national Gender Discrimination – Equal Pay case.
Girls Group Holiday, Founder – empowering young girls and women from minority backgrounds through travel.
Human Rights Ambassador UK, Youth for Human Rights International
Previously Worked at:
Leigh Day Solicitors
- Location: London, the United Kingdom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org