Jackline Akello is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. She has experience in proffering strategic legal advisory, policy review, transactional, commercial, and project structuring legal solutions on matters touching on Intellectual Property Law, Technology, Media and Telecommunication Law, Internet and Data Protection Law, and Corporate Law.
- Consultant at Paradigm Initiative: The State of Artificial Intelligence in Kenya: A Study of the Impact of AI on Human Rights.
- Research Fellow at Paradigm Initiative: Digital Lending Apps: An Examination of the Data Protection Practices of Digital Lending Apps.
- Research Fellow at Paradigm Initiative: Data Protection Authorities in Africa: A Critical Evaluation of Issues Surrounding their Establishment, Independence, Impartiality, and Efficiency in the Last Two Decades of their Existence.
- Fellow at Internet Society: Internet Governance.
- Legal ICT Researcher at CIPIT, Strathmore University: focusing on digital rights within Africa and, mostly sub-Sahara Africa, and had a key role in the management of the Cyber Rights Research Initiative and Localized Legal Almanac Project.
She has taken certificate courses to enhance her knowledge in her various areas of practice indicated hereinabove.
- Cisco Networking Academy (Cybersecurity)
- Internet Society (Internet Governance)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (General Course on IP)
Kenya School of Law, Post Graduate Diploma in Law
Mount Kenya University, School of Law, (LLB)